Maybe one wedding related thing, but mostly just babble
October 4, 2010 § Leave a comment
1. My hair and outfit inspiration for today:
2. I am confused: last week I couldn’t sleep in my sweaty 85ºF apartment. Now I’m in sweatpants and a wool sweater, and I’m still cold? Do I want ice cream or soup? I refuse to turn the heat on just yet. It is not winter.
3. Out of frozen meals from Trader Joe’s, and intent on using up some of the canned/dry goods we’ve had in the cupboard for a long time, I made some friggin’ delicious Mexican rice for dinner. With peas and carrots mixed in. And beans and cheese on the side. I miss Colorado Mexican food so much. Good thing I made enough to feed me for the rest of the week.
4. I made my first sale yesterday at Lovely! A pretty Anne Barge A-line gown to a really sweet bride from Philadelphia. It was such a good feeling to see her so happy when she announced it was the dress for her! I am really enjoying my time at Lovely. As with any customer service job, there are challenges. Especially when bridesmaids who are sitting in on the consultation take it upon themselves to run the fitting and handle the dresses when I’m answering the door on a busy day. But everyone gets caught up in the excitement of dress shopping, so c’est la vie. That’s a small percentage of the women I’ve met. Most are so much fun to spend an hour with.
5. I saw this image from a wedding on Green Wedding Shoes today and I love the idea: table numbers painted on vintage vanity mirrors. At least that’s what I think is going on.
6. This time next week Cesar will finally be home!! I’ve made it through just about 20 long days with him on another continent, and only have 5 to go. I’m proud of myself for staying busy (even if I was sidelined by what may have been the flu or exhaustion for two days), and I’m super proud of him for all of the hard work he’s put into this monster of a project over the last year. I may be getting redundant on that point, but seriously, if anybody has occasion to take a cruise on Royal Carribbean’s Allure of the Sea’s, get back to me after you’ve taken a ride in the elevator and tell me what you see. Then I’ll tell you again how proud I am of Cesar. Of course, you have to wait a couple months because the ship’s not ready yet.
7. I’ve re-listed a couple items in my Etsy shop. I would have done some more folding over the last week or so, but I’ve been a little busy 🙂